Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Severe Copd Life Expectancy Life Expectancy Of Mother In Law With COPD?

Life expectancy of mother in law with COPD? - severe copd life expectancy

My mother is 65 years. Earlier this year, had to undergo an operation, have to remove a node from the thyroid gland. The next day he was released he had to return to the hospital because she could not breathe and turned blue. He was diagnosed with a blood clot in the lung and the diagnosis of severe COPD lung. She has never smoked in his life, so it's not a problem. Your blood clot has disappeared, but it was the 3l oxygen-24 / 7 since returning from the hospital.

At subsequent visits, we discovered that in addition has led to severe COPD, it is also easier to emphysema and heart disease. It is difficult for them to go without breathing, but still a good
bit - she's feisty! She has bad arthritis and diabetes, and recently very ill, swollen legs and ankles were. Recently, we also needed to help with most things (with our lives), which has previously been done by their own means.

No idea what could be his life expectancy? I"I never had the opportunity to make a doctor because I did not ask before their children. But I wish I had an idea what to expect. COPD is generally a slow decline, or is generally very progressive?

Thank you!

1 comment:

Can't Control The Kittens said...

It is a difficult question to calculate the life expectancy of a person. COPD is slow, even though smoking is not the MIL, so what was not said as COPD and emphysema. I can imagine that his family and does not know to share this information. I'm sure the question has been removed from their environment. In my experience, these two diseases are slowly progressing. This is not necessarily always the case, but that's just my experience. " Good luck to you and your family.

Post a Comment